People call me Lizzie Bee

PreviewPreviewPreviewPreviewPreviewPreviewPreviewPreviewPreviewPreview
People call me Lizzie Bee. Southern California is where i call home and I have a family that I wouldn't trade for anything. Taken By A Good Man. Life is too short to not enjoy the beauty, comedy, sadness, love and righteousness that it holds. So here I share the things that mean something to me, in hopes they will mean something to you as well. Like OrangeSUnshine Blog on FACEBOOK for streaming updates: facebook.com/OrangeSUnshineBlog

Monday, August 15, 2011

Auksone





 A SHORT STORY

While waiting for the bus the other night in Cambridge, MA, there was a guy sitting on a black milk crate against the brick wall of a hair salon next to the bus stop overhang. He was a larger man, not obese in any way but built with large bones. He had a shaved head and wore dark clothes. He had these graffiti inspired illustrations tattooed on his legs and arms. He was sneaking sips from his Sam Adams that he was hiding in his black liquor store plastic bag. It was late on a Friday night and i was with a few friends coming home from 'Shakespeare in The Park' ready to have a few beers myself. I mindlessly said aloud, "this guy has the right idea." 
He noticed this and got my attention by asking me if i wanted a beer; "I have a 6 pack," he said after i denied his first request, "oh, no, you drink it."
I accepted his request at this time and my friend i was with (she is a very cautious, worrisome girl.. LOVE HER.) looked at me like i was out of my mind. She even whispered under her breath with a sincere concern, "Liz!!" with a wild fearful look on her face.
The man lent me his skateboard to sit on and i sat beside him against the brick wall and proceeded to sneak sips out of the bottle that i too, hid inside of the black bag. He had noticed some of my tattoos and we talked a little about the artwork. He asked me if i was an artist. I asked him if he was. He then showed me his sketchbook (i was impressed to say the least) and asked me to draw something in the pages. I proceeded to do so as he laughed and kept telling me that what i was creating looked like something out of Spongebob or some other kids cartoon. 
As we waited for the bus he continued to tell me more about himself, as well as i did to him in a proper Shakespearean tone and accent for i was still reveling in the epicness of 'All's Well That Ends Well.' 
He told me of his background in music and he even started freesetyling for me in an almost slam poetry fashion that was actually really good. His words had purpose behind them and they flowed freely from him with great intention. We talked for what seemed like an hours half, about life and our travels. 
His final note to me before he got up to board his bus was that life is defined by the beat of your heart. Music comes from the heart.. that 'thump thump' as he played a beat onto his knees and moved with the tones he was creating. He told me to always follow that beat and let it guide you. 
We exchanged information and both went on our way. For some reason this encounter greatly effected me. I wanted to share some of the artwork form his SITE. Very talented illustrator and graffiti artist that should be viewed with a fine art quality. Check it out.

No comments: