People call me Lizzie Bee

PreviewPreviewPreviewPreviewPreviewPreviewPreviewPreviewPreviewPreview
People call me Lizzie Bee. Southern California is where i call home and I have a family that I wouldn't trade for anything. Taken By A Good Man. Life is too short to not enjoy the beauty, comedy, sadness, love and righteousness that it holds. So here I share the things that mean something to me, in hopes they will mean something to you as well. Like OrangeSUnshine Blog on FACEBOOK for streaming updates: facebook.com/OrangeSUnshineBlog

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Man Flies Like a Bird Flapping His Own Wings

The following article is from Gizmodo
" I'm really amazed by this video, because I always dreamed about doing this: watch Dutch mechanical engineer Jarno Smeets take off by flapping wings of his own invention—just like a real bird! It's uncanny.
He developed the wings over an 8-month period. They use a special motion mechanism that is controlled by special software controlled by a haptic system. This allows him to literally start flapping his arms while running to take off and fly. Like a real bird! (Yes, I'm going to keep repeating that because this amazes me).
Like a modern Leonardo da Vinci, Jarno's took notes from nature. His inspiration was the albatross, which he closely observed to learn his take of technique:
Just like birds, humans have to amplify their locomotion to get control and get familiar with their new body expansion—the Wings. In my conception this is something which is independent of any hardware of software problem.
So he payed attention and learned how to amplify the motion. It was a success.
This first test took him just over a distance of 328 feet (100 meters) but obviously he's planning to go higher and farther than that. Jarno is ecstatic, he says: "I have always dreamed about this. But after 8 months of hard work, research and testing it all payed off."
I completely understand his excitement. This has been of dream of mine since I was a little kid. Just flap my winds and start hovering above the ground. Flap some more and start going higher and higher. [Human Bird Wings]'

No comments: